Do You Need Dependant for a 5 years UK Visa? and you have been searching for how to apply for UK PBS Dependent Visa? You’re on the right spot. In this article, I will explain in detail what you need to know about UK Immigration Dependant Visa and also the Guidelines to apply.
The UK Dependant Visa is for family members of individuals who have or are applying for visas under a variety of work categories, including the Worker routes (previously Tier 2), Temporary Worker routes (previously Tier 5), as well as Representatives of International Business, Innovators, Global Talent Migrants, and individuals with visas granted based on UK ancestry.
At A Y & J Solicitors, we can increase the likelihood that your dependent family members will be allowed to travel with you to the UK, allowing you to start your new adventure stress-free.
We offer dependable legal information and guidance that is warm, responsive and focused on immigration law. You can trust that you will receive sound legal counsel and zealous legal representation if you give us the task of managing your entire family’s application for permission to join the UK.
Who May Submit a UK Immigration Dependent Visa Application?
You must be a dependent relative of an eligible immigrant to be eligible for a dependent visa. According to the Immigration Rules, a “dependent” is somebody who:
- A spouse, civil partner, or a spouse;
- Same-sex partner or unmarried;
- A minor who was under 18 at the time of application.
- Any other family members would be extremely unlikely to be granted dependent status for the purposes of a Dependant Visa.
You must be the spouse or partner of one of the following to be eligible for a dependent visa as a spouse or partner:
- While applying for a dependent visa, you must be in the UK on a valid visa or be in the process of applying for a visa.
- Unmarried or same-sex partners must also be able to demonstrate that they have been in a continuous, sincere relationship that is analogous to marriage for the previous two years.
Children are eligible to request a Dependent Visa if:
- Either both parents are simultaneously requesting entry clearance;
- The child is applying to join both parents in the UK, who are already there, or;
- The child’s other parent is requesting entry clearance to join the parent who is already in the UK with them.
Only the following conditions must be met for a child to qualify for a solitary parent’s dependent visa:
- Alternatively, the parent is the only living parent.
- The child’s upbringing is the entire duty of the parent; or
- There are exceptional circumstances where a child may apply as the dependent of only one of his or her parents. These circumstances must be serious or compelling.
The family must be able to support themselves without the aid of the government in order to qualify for the Dependant Visa. For instance, the primary applicant who is requesting a skilled worker visa must demonstrate that they have £285 in savings for the dependent partner, £315 for the first dependent kid, and £200 for each additional dependent child. The applicant may not be required to produce evidence of funds availability if a holder of a Skilled Worker Sponsor License with an A-rating can confirm that these funds will be made available.
How Do I Make a UK Immigration Dependent Visa Application?
Applications for a dependent visa can be submitted online and from inside or outside the UK (unless the applicant is from North Korea). Your case will be handled smoothly with the help of our knowledgeable attorneys.
What Paperwork Must I Submit When I Apply for a UK PBS Dependent Visa?
The following records must be submitted with your application (please note that this list is not all-inclusive):
- A valid travel document, such as a passport
- Birth Certificate for a Child or Marriage Certificate for a Spouse
- Evidence of the dependent’s relationship to the primary applicant
- Your TB test results (if applicable)
- The outcome of a background check (if applicable)
We will help you put together the necessary paperwork for your complete family.
The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department is notoriously strict when it comes to demanding that all papers be exact and adhere to the given requirements. If you don’t follow the rules, your application could be denied. Any documents that are not written in Welsh or English must be translated by a qualified professional translator who has been certified.
The UKVI can also carry out checks to ensure the legitimacy and correctness of documentation. Any irregularities could raise suspicions of fraud, which could result in application rejection as well as a 10-year ban on receiving future entrance clearance to the UK.
How long does it take to process a UK Immigration dependent visa?
A dependent visa from outside the UK may take 12 weeks to process from the date of your visa appointment.
If the application is submitted utilizing the priority option, which costs extra, the decision will often be made within 5 working days.
The current standard for service from within the UK is eight weeks starting on the day of the appointment.
For an extra fee, priority and super priority services are offered. The decision is accelerated by the priority service to 5 working days, and by the super priority service to 24 hours.
How Much Does the UK Immigration Dependent Visa Cost?
The cost of the dependent visa is the same as that for the primary applicant.
The Immigration Health Surcharge, which is now £624 per year for adults and £470 per year for child applicants, is also applicable to each dependent.
A £19.20 enrollment fee for biometrics is required within the UK.
The following fees apply to dependents of skilled workers:
- Dependant skilled worker; 3 year visa; entrance clearance; £610
- Entry clearance: £464 for skilled workers on the shortage occupations list with a three-year visa
- £1,220 for a dependent skilled worker’s five-year visa and entry approval.
- Entry clearance: Skilled Worker (Shortage Occupation List) – 5-year visa – £928
- dependent skilled worker with a three-year visa and £704 for leave to remain
- 3-year visa for skilled workers (shortage occupations list) with leave to remain for £464
- dependent skilled worker on a five-year visa with a £1408 stay-in allowance
- 5-year visa for skilled workers (shortage occupations list) with £928 in the remaining time.
Entry authorization and permission to stay On the Home Office’s most recent fee list are fees for dependents of various visa types, including:
- Visa for Health and Care
- Exclusive Representative
- Graduate Trainee with Intra-Company Transfer
- Temporary Employees
What Benefits Come with a PBS Dependant Visa?
You can work and study in the UK as a dependent (with some limitations), and your kids can attend either a public or private school. Naturally, your family will stay united and be able to enjoy living in a new nation.
Additionally, you might be qualified to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain following the completion of a pertinent qualifying period.
What Conditions Must be Met to Obtain a UK Immigration Dependent Visa?
The reliant must be capable of:
- Establish their identity;
- demonstrate their connection to the primary application;
- intend to remain in the UK with their sponsor during the time of their visa;
- have sufficient resources to support themselves without government assistance (i.e. benefits).
What are the Requirements for a UK Immigration Dependent Visa?
Depending on the dependent route requested, different dependent visa regulations apply. In every situation, partners must demonstrate that they are in a committed relationship and want to live together in the UK. Children must be less than 18 unless they turned 18 after applying for or receiving a grant of (continuous) leave as a dependent.
Most of the time, the applicant will have to demonstrate their ability to support and house themselves in the UK without using public funds (i.e. state benefits). Dependents of Skilled Workers may be required to provide proof of a minimum amount of money in their bank accounts or a maintenance certification from the Skilled Worker’s sponsoring employer. Other dependents, such as those with UK ancestry, might be able to demonstrate “sufficient” financial support without having to meet a certain threshold.
What Conditions Must be Met Before Receiving a UK Immigration Dependant Visa?
The only individuals who may apply for a dependant visa are family members. This also contains:-
- Allied parties
- Unmarried couples (in a provable durable relationship)
Children who were less than 18 at the time of application (dependent children who are over 18 can apply for extensions under the dependent category, provided they have held continuous leave as dependents since they were under 18)
The Main applicant’s partners must demonstrate that they are in a committed relationship and that they intend to live together in the UK.
Children shouldn’t be living independently (i.e. financially independent).
Who are the Top Applicants for Dependent Visas?
Leaders, also known as “Main Applicants,” are people who have met the requirements for a UK visa, which is typically based on their ability to work or study there. The main applicants may be qualified to “sponsor” the dependent visa applications of their family members. The dependant visa will permit the family member, who is already a resident, to continue to live with the Main Applicant in the UK or to join the Main Applicant in the UK from abroad or to move with the Main Applicant to the UK.
What is the expected length of the dependent’s visa?
The sponsor would always decide whether to grant a dependent visa. When a child applies, the visa will be issued in accordance with the parent whose remaining leave is shorter if their parents have differing visa lengths.
The dependent partner of a skilled worker who is or has been given indefinite permission to remain may apply for ILR as well, assuming they meet the requirements. The dependent partner can typically extend their visa under the dependant route when it is set to expire; this form of extension would automatically be granted for three years if they are not eligible for ILR at the same time as the skilled worker.
The dependent must change to the spousal partner (Appendix FM) path if the partner is granted ILR via a different route (such as Long Residence).
Who is eligible to visit the UK as a dependent?
Only immediate relatives may apply for a dependent visa. This would comprise:
- Allied parties
- Unmarried couples (who are in a durable relationship)
- young people under 18 (at the date of application)
- Unmarried partners must show proof that they have been together for at least two years. Children can’t possibly be leading autonomous lives.
Is employment on a dependent visa permitted in the UK?
The UK allows dependent visa holders to work there. They are allowed to work for themselves, but they are not allowed to work as professional athletes or trainee doctors, or dentists.
How much money will be needed to get a UK immigration dependent visa?
Dependents on Skilled Workers must provide the necessary amount of money. Evidence of a bank balance is not necessary if the skilled worker is sponsored by an A-rated sponsor who is willing to “verify upkeep” for their employee and dependents. Similarly to this, no proof of money is needed if the dependents are asking for permission to remain and have been in the UK for at least a year at the time of application.
The ability to maintain oneself with “sufficient” funds may be required for other dependents.
How Can A Y & J Solicitor Aid in Your Application for a UK Immigration Dependent Visa?
At A Y & J Solicitors, our skilled attorneys have a wealth of expertise in handling UK Immigration Dependent Visa applications that are granted. Although some applicants may find these applications confusing, we will do our best to make everything as plain as possible. To increase the likelihood that your UK immigration dependent visa application will be approved, we put in a lot of effort and offer the appropriate legal counsel and representation.
You will always get the support and understanding you require thanks to A Y & J Solicitors’ outstanding customer service. We walk you through every stage, from the initial consultation to the decision on your visa, making sure you are always informed of the status of your application.
A UK dependent visa: what is it?
It’s a specific kind of visa that enables those who meet the requirements to join or travel with a member of their family who has already been granted (or is currently being granted) permission to live in the UK.
Does getting a UK immigration dependent visa require me to achieve the English language requirement?
English language proficiency is not necessary to apply for a dependent visa. However, you must meet the English language requirement and pass the Life in the UK test if you want to submit an application for settlement.