About the Evans Scholarship
The Evans Scholarship Program is a highly respected scholarship program that provides full tuition and housing scholarships to eligible applicants who have served as caddies in the sport of golf. Founded by the Western Golf Association (WGA) in 1930, the program has awarded over 11,600 scholarships to deserving students, enabling them to attend one of the 18 partner universities and colleges across the United States.
The program is highly competitive, with hundreds of applicants vying for a limited number of scholarships each year. Candidates are evaluated on their academic performance, caddie record, financial need, and personal character. Finalists are interviewed by a selection committee, and scholarship recipients are announced in the spring of each year.
Once awarded the scholarship, Evans Scholars are required to live in one of the Scholarship Houses located near their university or college. These houses provide a supportive community for the scholars and help them develop leadership and social skills.
Overall, the Evans Scholarship Program provides a unique opportunity for young men and women to pursue a college education and build a strong foundation for their future
See also: Arkwright Scholarship Program 2023-2024 in UK – How to Apply
Eligibility for the Evans Scholarship Program
The Evans Scholarship program is a college scholarship program available to caddies who have demonstrated excellent academic performance, strong character, and financial need. The eligibility requirements for the Evans Scholarship program are as follows:
- Must be a high school senior: To be eligible for the Evans Scholarship, you must be a current high school senior or a recent high school graduate (within the past year).
- Must have a strong caddie record: To qualify for the Evans Scholarship, you must have a strong record of caddying for at least two years at a recognized golf course. You must also be recommended by an authorized golf official at that course.
- Must have excellent academic record: You must have a strong academic record, including a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and have demonstrated strong character through leadership and service.
- Must demonstrate financial need: You must demonstrate financial need to be considered for the Evans Scholarship program. This includes completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and providing financial information to the Evans Scholars Foundation.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident: To be eligible for the Evans Scholarship, you must be a United States citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- Must plan to attend an accredited 4-year college or university: You must plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university full-time and live in an Evans Scholarship House during your first year.
Note that meeting these eligibility requirements does not guarantee that you will receive the Evans Scholarship. The selection process is competitive and based on several factors, including academic record, caddie record, character, and financial need.
See also: Mike Rowe Scholarship Program 2023-2024 in USA
How to apply for Evans Scholarship Application 2023-2024
- Applications are available online starting in July
- Applicants must submit academic transcripts, financial documents, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement
- Semifinalists are selected and invited to attend an interview with the WGA
- Finalists are selected and notified in the spring
Here are some sources for more information on the Evans Scholarship:
- Western Golf Association Evans Scholars Foundation: https://www.wgaesf.org/site/c.dwJTKiO0JgI8G/b.7502051/k.BDBD/Home.htm
- Evans Scholars Program at University of Washington: https://www.evansscholars.washington.edu/
- Evans Scholars Program at Northwestern University: https://www.northwestern.edu/evans-scholars/
- Evans Scholars Program at University of Notre Dame: https://evansscholars.nd.edu/
- Evans Scholars Program at Ohio State University: https://evansscholars.osu.edu/
1 thought on “Evans Scholarship Program 2023-2024 in USA – How To Apply”
For those asking about working abroad just want to connect mydport, we have placed more than 25 people on study and employment since January 2022