Canadian government scholarships 2022/2023 are open to Canadian and international students right now through Canadas Vanier Graduate Student Fellowships 2023 Program.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian institutions to attract highly skilled PhD students from around the country and internationally.
The Canadian government launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 with the goal of strengthening Canadas capacity to attract and retain world-class doctoral students, and to position Canada as a world centre for research excellence and higher learning.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program is designed to attract and retain world-class doctoral students who demonstrate both leadership skills and high standards of academic achievement while conducting post-graduate studies in natural sciences and/or engineering, social sciences, and humanities, and health.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program, also known as Rhodes scholarship by the Canadian government, is designed to become the ultimate new draw for highly qualified, talented, bright students — either Canadian citizens or foreign students living in Canada. Every year, Canada offers International Scholarship programs by Canadian government to Canadian and foreign students who wish to come to Canada to study at the best universities.
There are approximately 166 Canada scholarships available for pursuing masters, masters leading to PhD, PhD.
In return, as many as 166 scholars contribute to the creation of effective, innovative environments at Canadas universities, especially, as well as the Government of Canada.
These emerging scholars contribute to creating dynamic and innovative environments in Canadian university campuses. Degree programs in various universities across Canada are designed to produce academically prepared young professionals among students worldwide.
We suggest that you peruse the relevant websites for each university and do thorough research on the programs you are interested in doing a PhD at, and on the supervisors of the proposed research.
Joint graduate programs with professional degrees (e.g., MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) and clinically-oriented programs, including clinical psychology, are also suitable programs, provided that the clinically-oriented programs include significant self-directed research components, as described previously.
The applicants studies will be funded in full or in part on the basis of their/her academic achievements, research proposals, and leadership qualities. Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the awarding institution within its internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. Either the student notifies graduate school faculty at the selected institution of his/her intention to apply for the Vanier CGS Program, or the institution begins the appointment process by contacting the desired applicant.
Second, the program requires that a Vanier fellowship can be held at the Canadian institution nominating.
Footnote 22 Although this is a deliberate design feature of the program, purportedly intended to help attract and retain PhD students in Canada, this feature is likely to have further restricted the applicant pool for the Vanier CGS, eliminating from consideration any prospective first-rate candidates who wish to conduct doctoral studies outside of Canada. Second, the program requires that the Vanier scholarship can only be held at the nominating Canadian institution.
Footnote 22 Although this is a deliberate design feature of the program, assumed to aid in the attraction and retention of doctoral students to Canada, it is likely that this feature further restricts the Vanier CGS applicant pool by eliminating from consideration any potential top-tier candidates who would like to pursue doctoral studies outside Canada. Some members of the selection committee (3/7) believe the program is failing in the desired objective of attracting top-notch international PhD students to Canada because of a culture surrounding nomination procedures.
The 2022 Vanier scholarship preserves minds that possess leadership qualities and have demonstrated exceptional learning achievements in social, humanities, natural science, engineering, and health-related fields.
Health research, natural sciences and/or engineering research, and social sciences and/or humanities research all have PhD programs (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
As a condition for program completion, a qualified doctoral program must have a significant research component that leads to the completion of a merit/expert-reviewed thesis, major research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital, and/or exhibit.
Clinically-oriented programs of study, such as clinical psychology, and joint graduate research programs with a professional degree (e.g., MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) are also suitable if they feature a strong autonomous research component, as indicated above.
- Annually, up to 166 scholarships are given out.
Group to be targeted:
- Nominations for the Vanier CGS are open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and international citizens.
Scholarship amount and duration:
- The scholarships are valued at $50,000 per year for a total of three years.
To be eligible for a Vanier CGS, you must meet the following requirements:
- just one Canadian institution may propose you, and that institution must have obtained a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including combination undergraduate/graduate research programs like MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a proven and strong research component). It’s worth noting that financing is only available for the PhD element of a combined degree.
- intend to undertake full-time doctoral (or dual graduate program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution in the summer semester or academic year after the release of results; It’s worth noting that financing is only available for the PhD element of a combined degree.
- • have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral study as of the date of application
- By 1 May 2022, they must have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study in their doctoral program if:
- MD/PhD, MA/PhD, DVM/PhD are examples of collaborative graduate research programs.
- Applicants who fall into this category have access to the 32-month window regardless of whether they were previously enrolled in a Master’s program; or accelerated directly from a Bachelor’s to a PhD (no time spent in a Master’s program); or accelerated from a Master’s degree into a Doctoral program without having completed the Master’s degree.
- You have a first-class average in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent, as decided by your school. Candidates may inquire about the institution’s concept of a first-class average. can’t be held, or
Instructions On How To Apply:
The application period has ended.
Candidates must be suggested by a Canadian institution that has a quota for the program in which they wish to enroll. The Vanier CGS program does not accept direct applications.
One of two methods is used to start an application. Either the student notifies the graduate studies faculty of the chosen university of their intention to apply to the Vanier CGS program, or the institution commences the nomination procedure by contacting the prospective applicant.
The student prepares the application and uses the ResearchNet application system to send it to the nominating institution by their internal deadline. by november 2, 2021, the nominated institution must submit proposed nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat).
It is critical to go to the official website (see below) to learn more.
TAGS: #canadas universities, #canada scholarships, #canada graduate, #canadian university #doctoral students, #graduate scholarships, #canadian institutions, #student fellowships, #best universities, #applicants studies, #canadas capacity, #doctoral studies #university campuses, #degree programs, #phd students
1 thought on “Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023”
For those asking about working in abroad just want to connect mydport, we have placed more than 25 peoples on study and employment since January 2022.