The Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) is pleased to announce the awarding of the Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Internship Program to recent graduates. From July 2022 until December 2022, the internship will run.
The program also serves as a plan for developing a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to ensure that good governance is maintained in the long run.
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a six-month internship that aims to balance theory with real-world application and equip participants with the multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities needed to solve complex governance challenges in more innovative ways.
What to Expect from the ACEP Internships Program in 2022
Through strong relationships, the NextGen Leaders will provide timely and high-quality evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy, ensuring that the ACEP remains a thought leader in Africa’s energy and extractive policy area.
- Assist with the creation of research studies and policy briefings on Africa’s energy and extractive industries.
- ACEP’s results and perspective on energy and extractive sector concerns in Africa will be promoted through media engagement efforts.
- Participate in the annual program’s preparation, implementation, and evaluation.
- Aid in the development of your organization.
- Assistance with resource mobilization efforts, such as preparing grants and proposals.
- Participate in activities related to program administration, monitoring, and evaluation (M&E).
Criteria for Eligibility
Countries that are eligible:
Advantages of the Program
- Training and development opportunities are available.
- Coaching, mentoring, and peer support are all options.
- Making space for innovation and creativity.
- For the duration of the internship, you will get a significant salary as well as free lunch.